Sunday, April 21, 2013

Kux Stop: Korea - Visiting Palaces and Towers

I can't seem to start on doing my Korea Blog. Hahaha. :)) So, I'm just going to slap on pictures here, okay? Hahaha.

For those interested, here's a copy of our Korean Itinerary (posted with permission) courtesy of my best friend Camae.

Quick Summary

Accomodations: Namsan Guest House 3
                           32-13 Namsandong 2 ga, Jung gu, Seoul, South Korea
                           KRW 60,000 ~ PHP 2,400 per night (Twin sharing bedroom)
                           http://www.namsanguesthouse.com/

Travel to Korea takes 4 hours by plane. Korea's time zone is an hour ahead of the Philippines. No biggie for jet lags.

So here goes...
Arrived in Korea at around 6am. Boarded the airport bus to Meyongdong to check-in at our guest house.
First impression of Korea? ANG LAMEEEEG SA LABAS!!

 First stop: Deoksugung Palace. This palace is, err, well, I honestly do not know. HAHA.

 
Well to tell you all frankly, I was not a K-Pop, Koreanovela, or anything related to Korea, fan. (I was just dragged into this trip.) HAHA. And, yup, emphasis on was. I must admit, being in Korea actually influenced me a little. *ehem* Lee Min Ho *ehem* So please bear with me if I am not that eloquent enough to narrate details in the photos. I just took them just because. LOL.
Again at Deoksugung Palace. One of the highlights in this palace is the changing of guards that happen everyday at 11am.

Tried to eat at a Korean restaurant. Kimchi's good, the rest, not really. HAHA

Fish cakes!
Fish cakes are Korean equivalent for fishballs in the Philippines.

Next stop: Changdeokgung Palace.*

Still in Changdeokgung Palace.*

At this point in our tour, where all we did was walk, my feet were already killing me. Word of advice? Invest on COMFORTABLE shoes. Especially when your itinerary is jam packed! Haha, later that day, I decided to buy new shoes and ditched the ones I borrowed. Yes, the old ones looked good on me but nay, they hurt like hell! Hahaha.

There were still other palaces we visited but decided not to enter them anymore because the palaces there all looked the same. We went back to our hotel to have a quick nap since we weren't able to have decent sleep while in the plane.

We woke up at around 6pm (Korean time). Got ready to hike up to Namsan Tower. HA, finally been able to recognize one scenery in Korea. :)) For all the Boys Over Flowers fans out there, do you remember the episode where Jun Pyo waited for Jan Di for four hours? It was here! Also, the scene where they both got stuck inside a cable car and Jun Pyo got sick? That was the transportation used to go up Namsan tower!

Refer to photos below (Credits to whoever owns the following photos):






 Up there, there are several attractions that tourists can enjoy:
  • The plain sight of the tower's beauty.
  • Locks of love -- or love padlocks. This is where couples "seal" their love for each other
  • Teddy Bear Museum
  • Observatory

Here's the way up the tower.*

Namsan Tower.*

Uhm, a... show that uses the Namsan Tower as its background.


Locks of Love.*

Teddy Bear Museum!

Life-sized teddy bears are to die for!!*

 Doing the Gangnam with Teddy Bear Psy.

There are also shops located up in the observation deck. Too bad the night was too foggy, we weren't able to see the magnificent view of South Korea at night.*

Cold weather makes you hungry!*

And yup, weather up there was THISCOLD!*
So, there you have it folks, Day 1 of my Korean Escapade. Stay tuned for six more blog episodes for this series. ^_^

Anneyeong!

_______________________________
* photos grabbed from my friend, Camae's Facebook profile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...