Sunday, September 29, 2013

Nail Art Tutorial: Piglet


My take on the Piglet Nail Art.
I was browsing thru Instagram, (or was it Google) for Piglet photos because I wanted to do a rubber stamp for him and came across this photo and just fell in love with it: 

(Ah, yes, it was Google. Now I remember.)

So I decided to recreate it and now I am sharing it with you.



You'll need:
  

(From L-R)
1. Base Polish
2. Top Coat
3. Nature Republic - PK214 - Hot Pink - (lighter pink hue)
4. Nature Republic - PK216 - Rose - (darker pink hue)
5. OMG - First Date - (lightest pink hue)

You'll also need:



6. A striping brush
7. Fine-tipped brush (for detailing) - This brush is customized. I had to remove a few strands of hair (using a nipper) to make the lines of the brush thinner.
8. Acrylic Paint in Black

Let us begin!

Of course, as always, coat your nails with base coat to protect your nails from breakage and yellowing.


(Note: It is not necessary to have the same exact nail polish that I am using. You may use other nail polishes that have similar colors as the ones here)
Apply two coats of PK214 - Hot Pink nail polish on your nails EXCEPT the ring finger. (LOL, if you notice in the photo, I almost painted my ring finger too.) This color shall represent piglet's body color.


For your ring finger, also apply two coats of OMG's First Date.This shall serve as base color for Piglet's face.


 Leave them to dry for about five minutes. Next step is to take your PK216 - Rose and your striping brush. Blot some nail polish onto some wax (or regular) paper and dip your brush. Carefully draw horizontal lines on all your fingers except the ring finger.



NOTE: Since you are working with nail polish, please remember that you have to work as quickly as possible before the nail polish dries out and hardens. It'll be hard to control your brush when that happens and could result to messy lines.

Now here comes the hard part.

I had to redo this nail a couple of times.

At first I decided to use nail polish for the details of Piglet's face. Wrong decision. It was taking me too long to draw (as expected because I am lame at drawing) a clear semblance of Piglet's face. The nail polish hardened and the lines became scattered, and, well it was just ugly.

I eventually decided to use acrylic paint. Easier to manipulate, longer drying time.
So there, based on the image above, i tried (with all my might) to copy piglet's face. Haha, I think I did it right. Didn't I? Kamukha naman dibaaaaa???



Then allow the nail to dry for about 30 minutes and apply tour favorite top coat to seal everything in. This is the first time I am using Seche (How do you even pronounce this??) Vite and I tell you. SUPER SATISFIED CUSTOMER HERE! Will rave about this product on a separate blog post so stay tuned!


And there you have it folks, Piglet, "nail-lified". Whut? :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...