Monday, September 30, 2013

Rubber Cutting Tools from CREATE by tlf


"Life is so much easier when you use the correct tools to do specific tasks."
-Sabi ko lang :))


Rubber Cutting tools from CREATE by truelovefound.
Okay, it is official. I have a new hobby and I'm loving it! It's called rubber cutting. Rubber cutting is a process of creating your own rubber stamps by, well, cutting and carving rubber (or erasers) into different shapes and sizes of your choice.



Brief History
I could say my fascination with stamps prolly started when I first borrowed a book from our library when I was in elementary. The librarian had like, four sets of date stampers(?) where each set had two stamps. One for the current date and the other for the date the book is supposed to be returned.  Four sets because the books had different number of maximum days that can be borrowed. I assume all of you already know what I mean. :)) Anyway, just that simple stamping-on-my-library-card got me hooked. And I told myself: "I want that too!" O.K. SORI. ANG BABAW. :))

Serendipity
In one of my previous posts, I posted about how to make your own rubber stamp (which you can read here). The tools I used there were for wood carving so the results weren't that, well, great. Yes they may have delivered but i wasn't satisfied.

At a salon the other day I was browsing through Candymag and saw that they had a feature on how to customize and prettify normal stuff around you... Then BOOM, there it was, as if waving at me, calling out to me. The Speedball apparatus featured in the rubber cutting section of the article. I immediately looked at the Candy-rectory where I could find the shop that sells that and it pointed me to a Facebook page (which you can access here). I browsed through the photos and found out that they had packages that come with the purchase of the rubber cutting apparatus.

I chose the Beginner's Premium Set (Php1,235). Below are the package inclusions:

six pcs. 1.75" x  3.5" Rubber erasers.
PhP 25 each or PhP240 for a box of 12.

one Speedball colored cutter set - includes five carving blades.
Buying only this costs PhP800
What's good about this is that the tool can be opened from the bottom. It's hollow inside and that is where you could store the blades when you're not using them. :)

A tracing paper pad and one stamp pad.

AND a Readycut rubber mat at 6" x 6".
PhP350 a piece.
I honestly do not know how to use this. I think it'll serve like the eraser, only of better quality? Hahah.
I might say, this package's a good deal. :) I am very satisfied with the results of the rubber stamps that I have made.

Below are some of my first stamp creations using the Speedball.

The mustache and the Vintage Camera for the Industrial Period feel. Hahaha. I dunno what use they may be of but these are some things that I like so I created them. LOL. I'm planning to do an owl stamp and a flip flops stamp very soon. (Tutorial post ba? ^_^)



Next in line are meaningful icons that I could use on my planner. The first one would be a first genration video camera, which signifies that I watched a movie on that particular date.  Another icon that's rather important is the fork and knife icon to signify that I ate out on that particular date. Haha.


Actual use of these litol stamps. :)
Well that's it for now. Stay tuned for more rubber cutting posts.


Come to think of it, I might create another blog section specifically for this. Hmmm, The Monster Crafts? Or the Monster Creates? Sounds lame. Haha, what do you think? Please feel free to suggest and comment below. :)


Serendipity? Coincidence? Fate? I don't really know but I am truly lucky to have seen that ad in the magazine and help me find these tools and supplies.

Again thanks to CREATE by truelovefound for these wonderful, wonderful items. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...