Monday, July 27, 2015

July Beauty Haul




I guess a sudden VANITY urge came over me this month that is why MOST of my purchases lately had one common theme: Beauty.



Some of the items are just restocks, others, well, are indulgences. LOL. Let me give you a run through of the products and a short review of them.


  1.  Nature Republic's Ginko Wash-Free Cleansing Water PhP650- Basically, it's a make-up remover. My old deep cleansing cold cream from Nature Republic is now phased out and my heart broke. This is what the saleslady suggested as replacement. It's packaged with free facial cotton swabs. According to the NR saleslady, this product not only removes make-up, it also removes residual impurities on your face. True enough, the product removes make-up effectively minus the oily, sticky feeling other make-up removers have. I couldn't really say about the impurities thingie, but whenever I use this it feels like I have just washed my face. So, I guess that's the "removes-impurities-part" of the product. Haha!
  2. Nature Republic's Aloe Vera Soothing Gel PhP295- Moisturizer. This one's a re-stock. I have been using this soothing gel as a facial moisturizer before I sleep. You, know, our skin doesn't fairly do well anymore as we age (ouch). It keeps skin feeling taut and soft. I also use this gel whenever I have sunburns. As what it's name suggests, it has a cooling and soothing effect minus the sting. More like Celeteque's Skin Relief After-sun Gel at a more affordable price. You can also use this gel as hair moisturizer. Just apply it on towel-dried hair and let it air dry. Best effing hair of the season. LELZ.
  3. MAC's Prep + Prime Facial Spray PhP1,200++- For make-up "setting". This one is prolly the most expensive item in all of my make-up haul. HAHA. I bought this because I got inggit with the make-up tutorials in YouTube. I just decided, "Oh, I want that too!" Hahaha. Well, function-wise, I gotta say it does it's job. My make-up started to last a bit longer when used with this product (along with product #9 which I am going to discuss later). This prevents my make-up to be all cake-y in time. I have EXTREMELY oily face, you see.
  4. Lush's No Drought Dry Shampoo PhP500++ - One of the wonders I have read in the intarwebzz is the use of dry shampoos. Dry shampoos, well, are shampoos minus the water. LELZ. Nah, basically they are here to help you give a boost of freshness in times where you can't take a shower (or you just don't want to, like me). It's an oil absorbing powder that you put into your roots and hair and VIOLA! Instant ligo. I decided to use dry shampoos because my hair became sooo dry. I wanted to bring back it's shine naturally. I only use this on weekends though. Okay naman in terms of controlling the oil in my hair but it sort of feels hot if I don't shower. Baka di lang sanay.
  5. Gosh's Cream Primer PhP 300- A great find because I got it on sale (From ~PhP1,125 down to PhP300). I was actually looking for a replacement of my e.l.f face primer when the saleslady pointed this out that it was on sale. I really like this primer's consistency which comes in an unscented cream base (unlike the e.l.f. one which was transparent). It also helps a lot in the control of oil from my face. If I am to re-purchase this, I think I wouldn't unless it is on sale again.
  6.  and 7. Happy Skin's Shut Up And Kiss Me Moisturizing Lippies #6 - PhP500-- #7 PhP1,200++ - Indulgence, definitely. Haha. I just got envious that my officemate had these. #7 comes in a package called "Turn Up The Heat" which includes three shades
  1. Etude House's Auto Lipliner PhP98 - Restock. New color. I've got a total of four already -- red, peach, nude, and brown. LOLZ. 
  2. Etude House's Zero Sebum Loose Translucent Setting Powder PhP390++ - So I needed a new setting powder because my last one was, what, a couple of years already in storage. I'm afraid to use it anymore because, you know, health issues -wise. Haha. Quite a bit expensive for a very small packaging but, it serves it purpose -- oil control at its finest.
  3.  Brown Eyeliners from BYS (PhP250++) and The Face Shop (PhP495) - Brown eyeliners for that "No-make-up" make-up look. Sadly, I got a defective applicator for my BYS eyeliner so I haven't been using it which also led me to buying my second eyeliner from The Face Shop. Both are good products which lasts me the whole day, given that I have oily face. 
  4. Etude House's Stipling Brush PhP290++ - Indulgence. Would advise against it because it did not work for me. I just had my bb cream all botched in one section of my face and I couldn't spread it with the brush. HAHAHA. Maybe I'm just using it all wrong?

So there. I'm completely broke. Broke but pretty. AHAHAHA.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...