Thursday, August 6, 2015

Hump Nails/ Bubble Nails: Yay or Nay?

I was browsing through my Instagram feed and came across this image...


and I was like, "What the hell is that?!"


Looking at the caption, it read:

Attention clients...oval, stilleto, square, coffin is the nail trend but DAnnG check out these bubble nails?!😳😂 #won'tdothem

Apparently, after a quick research, these are called "Hump Nails" or "Bubble Nails" and is now trending in the U.S. Nail technicians use acrylic to achieve these nails. More like "nails in 3D". The main difference between the two is their length. Bubble nails' length only go up to the nail bed, thus achieving a more bubble-like look (as in photo above) and Hump nails are longer (see photo below).


For those of you who have been following me for quite some time now, you already know my love for nail art and everything else artsy about nails... except for this. OH EM GEE. Definitely a NAY for me. Bubble nails look like you have you've got colorful boils that suddenly popped out at the tips of your fingers. The shape (and I am guessing, also the feel) is weird. It is not even appealing to the eyes! Hump nails on the other hand, look like one has just grown colorful claws with sparkles and rainbows.

I can't fathom how this became a trend! Everything about bubble/hump nails is just plain wrong.

What are your thoughts about this new fad? Let me know in the comments section below!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...