Sunday, June 23, 2013

Product Review: BB Creams

Aside from eyeliners, I can attribute my rather "blooming face" when I started using BB Creams. And boy did I regret not using these beauty inventions waaay before! Haha.

The very first BB Cream that I have used is Ever Bilena's.

Ever Bilena BB Cream- "Oriental" shade; Watson's; PhP195

Short description at the back of product:
A whitening, foundation, and moisturizing cream all rolled into one! EB Advance BB Cream Whitening provides a flawless coverage while concealing blemishes and dark spots and protecting it from the harmful rays of the sun. With the help of its potent moisturizers such as Shea Butter and Vitamin E, it richly moisturizes your skin to make it soft and smooth.
I was satisfied when I used this product. (Full details later) But then I got curious about the other BB Creams in the market. As for being the cheap person that I am, I bought the Maybelline BB Cream from the supermarket the other day.

Maybelline BB White - "Natural" shade; Shopwise; PhP299
Short description at the back of product:
Skin perfecting cream instantly provides ultra UV protection and improvements to perfect your skin:
  • Ultra High SPF 50 PA+++ protection, protects skin against harmful UV rays
  •   Brightens skin instantly, more radiance
  • Evens tone
  • Smooths pores.
  • Corrects the appearance of dark spots.
  • Conceals imperfections
  • Hydrates skin
  • 12H water
Let me show you swatches of both BB Creams on the back of my hands:

Both products are roughly of the same amount. As you can see in the picture, Maybelline has a thicker product consistency. It is also notable that Maybelline has a darker tone than that of Ever Bilena's. With this sole image, Maybelline comes in first when it comes to my skin tone match.

But wait till you see when they are spread out.

It is noted that my skin became a bit darker on the Maybelline area, whereas the Ever Bilena BB Cream is now almost the same as my skin. (Sorry for the really white area at my wrist. My watch used to be there so.. yeah, it's definitely whiter than the rest of my fist. HAHA) Anywhoo, with some internet research, it is said that BB Creams tend to be a shade darker when it oxidizes.

I have tried both products and here's what I think:

Category Ever Bilena Maybelline
1. Price
Affordable
PhP195 for a 50ml tube
A bit expensive
PhP299 for an 18ml tube
2. Shade (oxidized form) Just right for my skin A bit dark for my skin
3. Oil Control - My face is naturally oily. So this factor is important.Controls oil very well. Once applied, this BB Cream oxidizes into a matte finish.Face becomes oily again after a few hours.
4. Lasting effectCan last a day without retouch.Needs retouch after a few hours.
5. ScentSmell is not that appealing to me.Almost odorless.
6. CoverageNeeds a small amount to cover redness, blemishes, an pores.Needs an ample amount to be able to do the same as <---.

Well, as you can see my comparison above. It is clear that I prefer the Ever Bilena brand from the two. :) Apparently, more people have complimented be about my skin when I use Ever Bilena.

I have another BB Cream coming. I ordered it from Avon. Will do testing also and let you all know what I think about it. :)

7 comments:

  1. Try mo rin yung L'Oreal BB Cream. It's more expensive than the brands that you reviewed pero yung 30ml, mga 4 months ko nang ginagamit :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How much yung BB Cream? Seeing it's L'Oreal, I think I might have a little saving up to do. LOL

      Delete
  2. thank you so much for this post! i've been searching for a cheap yet effective bb cream for days since i had my acne breakout ah thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kux,

    Try mo rin yung Laura Mercier, baka magustuhan mo. It’s quite expensive nga lang din kaso but I’m sure you can afford it.

    ~Pauline @ Kallony

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pauline,

      San nabibili yon? :)

      Delete
    2. Meron sa mga online beauty shops. Ito yung link nya: http://www.kallony.com.ph/laura-mercier-foundation-primer-mineral.html.

      Medyo tamad kasi ako lumabas kaya I usually purchase online. Ha ha ha! Meron sila COD.
      Di ko lang alam kung meron sa malls, pero pag may nabalitaan ako inform kita. Hihihi, By the way, Happy New Year pala :p

      xo,
      Pauline

      Delete
  4. I'm planning to buy one but I can't decide what bb cream should I use. Thankyou for this review :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...