Friday, July 5, 2013

Nature Republic

Going to Korea has influenced me a lot especially in the personal "beauty regimen" scene. The country is known for their, uhm, narcissistic products (if I may say). Haha. 

Ever since I got back from Korea, I stocked my then-empty bathroom shelves with fragrant shampoos, shower gels, body wash, bath soap, loofah scrubs, and the likes. My (also) then-empty dresser is now filled with bottles of body lotion, make up palettes and a few bb cream tubes. And I've a got a whole crate full of... NAIL POLISH!

Ubos pera, anoberrrr. 

Haha, anyway, my go-to Korean shop before was Elianto (for beauty products but mostly for Nail Polish) but then, for some reason, I could not find any of their shops anymore. So, I switched to Etude House. Drawback though is that most of their products are costly. Kulang na sa budget mga 'teh. 

The other day, after my dinner out with the Admin team, we passed by...


Nature Republic is located at the 4F Mega Atrium, SM Megamall



Out of nowhere, I asked my officemates if we could pass by the shop and look at the items.

I usually go to the nail polish section first when I enter these kinds of shops. I was  in great surprise when I saw that their nail polishes only cost PhP55! (See photo below) Another thing that has caught my attention was the nail polish remover also costs the same! :-O Asdfghjkl!!!

That's like hitting two nails with one hammer! WHUT? O_o

You get good quality nail polish at a very affordable price. It may not be safe to generalize this to all, but with my experience, Korean brand nail polishes  (Elianto and Etude House) actually have longer shelf life.

Fruits Waltz nail polish remover (100ml) - PhP55
Nail Polish - PhP55
The nail polish remover is actually quite effective and it leaves this very citrus-y scent on your nails.

While shopping, I remembered that my make-up remover at home is almost empty so I asked the very accommodating sales lady if they had make-up removers available. She gladly asked if it was for the eyes and lips only of for the whole face? I said it was for my face. She brought me to the make-up section of the store. My heart melted when I saw the price of the first product my eyes landed on, amahaaal, huhu. I quickly asked, "Wala ba kayong mas mura dyan?". (referring to the mahal product)

"Meron ma'am!", she said and pointed to the bilog product (whis was displayed at the bottom of the rack) in photo. Lo and behold, it only costs PhP195!

The product is a super bango cold cream that "melts" your make-up. After leaving it on for several minutes, you wipe off the cream (along with your make-up) with tissue leaving it fresh and mabango! You have a choice of leaving it be or rinse your face afterwards with water or facial wash. This cold cream is specifically for people with oily skin. (I just love the coincidence that the product is in a purple packaging, haha)

Being my maarte me, I actually came back to the store to find a suitable facial wash that I could use with the cold cream. Tadaaaa! There is actually a facial foam counterpart in the same product line! Tapos it is also only for 195!

Double the cleansing power, double the bango!

Herb Dressing: Purple Honey Foam Cleanser - PhP195
Herb Cleansing: Purple Honey Cleansing Cream - PhP195
I am quite satisfied with the cleansing combo so far. And, srsly, I do really love the scent.

One happy shopper here. ^_^ Check them out gais! 

Then there's just me and Jang Keun Suk. Hahaha. 

Disclaimer: This is not a paid advertisement. This blog post is done out of pure appreciation. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...