Tuesday, July 9, 2013

June-July: Nail Art Photo Dump

So aside from the tutorials posted here in my blog, here are the nail art designs (which were not that well-documented) I did for the previous month, up to the present. Designs are posted in chronological order. The last being the latest.

Too lazy to watermark them but all photos posted here are mine unless otherwise stated.

1. Patriotic Nails
The 115th Anniversary of Philippine Independence is Celebrated on June 12. I was feeling a bit patriotic, hence the nail design.

2. Smiley Craft-sy Nails
I bought this mini puncher set (see this post) that had different cute shapes. I wanted to try them out so, I decided to do this. I was opting for a smiley stencil design but the polish just kept smudging when I removed it. What I did was I punched holes on a sticker paper, colored it yellow (using a highlighter), stuck them on each fingernail, applied top coat, and VIOLA! :)
3. Bling Nails
I had this stash of nail bellishments a while back. I haven't used them in a while so I decided to do a nail art design inspired by them. Here's the result.
4. Monster Nails.
See how cute those little monsters areeeeee!! I was strolling in the bookstore the other day and found this interesting piece of item lying in the Scrapbooking section. See next photo for a mini tutorial on how to do these nails.

Easy, right?
Finger Tattoo - PhP30.50, National Book Store
Easy as 1-2-3! Cut out finger tattoo to a size that fits your nails. Use a white base coat. When polish completely dries, stick finger tattoo on using water. Cut out excess by lightly filing using your emery board. Cover with your favorite top coat and you're done!
5. Almost Chanel
I bought a Chanel emblem nail bling from an online shop (see post here). The first thing that pops into my mind when I hear chanel are bags. I typed in "chanel bags" in the images section of google and the first hit that caught my eye was:
Photo courtesy of Google Images

So, an idea came to mind. Along with the nail bling, I also bought holographic gold nail foils  (see post here, again if you want to)  and found it perfect to use it for my nail design. Much to my dismay, my nail foil application was an EPIC FAIL (see next photo for reference):
So there. Huhu. It is my first time to use nail foils. The one in the photo is already my second attempt at it. Since the nail foil application was taking too much time, I gave up on it. HAHA. I decided to use a stocked black flocking powder (that powder you use so that your nails have this velvety feel) for the accent nail. So! Everything was done when I realized that the container where I last put the blings was missing. *I cry*
So, I guess my Almost Chanel description is appropriate. 

Check out my nail tutorial on:
1. Minions
2. Summer Pastel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...