Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Barkada Dinner: BigCity

It has been a while since I've met with Waywanel, my college barkada. Being *ehem* grown-ups *ehem* they're too busy with work to spare time to see old friends. LOL, just kidding.

Last Tuesday (I think), a Nikko, my friend, posted in our group that we should have dinner. I told them I was only free that Thursday. Well, the schedule seemed fine, or else I wouldn't have this post. Lol. This dinner was also timely since it was Alex's (my other friend) birthday last July 4. Also, Nikko announced that he also would be leaving for Australia the next day.

Most of them were working in Makati so I just found it fitting to have out dinner around the area. I have been longing to visit the newly opened Glorietta wing so, with a lot of time in my hands, I searched for food joints located there. After searching at looloo and other sites, I saw this burger joint called BigCity, that had an average of a five-star rating. I suggested it to my friends and they gladly agreed.

When we arrived there, I was shocked to see that the place was small! (If you are to meet with a number of friends to sit down and talk in one table, I would not recommend it here). We were only six so the place was okay.

This is what you'll see upon entering the store. The aroma inside was overwhelming which made the hungry me hungrier. Haha.



Their menu.. You can enlarge to photo to see a clearer view of it.

A shot view of a part of their menu.

My friend, Nikko, pretending this was a candid shot. Haha!

The resto's interior.


Vanity shot while waiting.

Birthday boy. :))

So, on to the food:

Classic Burger - PhP145, additional cheese and onions - PhP20 each

I'm not quite sure if this is the All Beef Hotdog (PhP170)

Double Burger (x2 patty) - PhP180

Sausage and Seafood  Pasta - Php225


Sizzling Brats and Burger Steak - PhP180


The burger was delicious but did not find anything extraordinary, though. I'd still prefer Brother's Burger.

The pasta was a bit bland. I needed to add salt to make it a bit tastier. Or maybe it's just my preference to have my food a bit salty. BUT! The sausage in the pasta was YUMMY! Haha, if it weren't for the sausages, I would not be quite satisfied with it.

I didn't have a taste of the All Beef Hotdog though. Alex said it was delicious too. Judging the taste of the sausage in the pasta, I bet the hotdog was tasty, too.

The sizzling dish was also delicioso! And my gosh, the rice!! Haha, the have BIG servings!

If this were looloo, I'd give BigCity 4 stars, over all. The service was also good. :)

I'd definitely come back and have a taste of them BIG HOTDOGS and SAUSAGES. ;)

You should check them out too! BigCity is located at the 2nd Floor of Glorietta 1.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...