Monday, September 2, 2013

The reason why I choose not to "ink" myself.

Tatt picks.

October 2010.

It has been three years since I have posted this image to my tumblr blog. Hell, I think I even posted this image even waaaay before at my Plurk account (I just couldn't backread anymore).


Yes. I am fond of dolphins. I'd say dolphins would prolly be my favorite animal next to dogs. I don't know why, but I have just been fascinated by their intelligence. The habitat that they're in. I just feel that I have this "somewhat" emotional connection to them -- us being intelligent beings, yaknow. :)) Kidding aside though... :)

If I weren't a happy-go-lucky gal back then, one major college course for me would be Marine Biology next to Journalism. (I let my sister choose my college course kasi. Haha) Yeah, like srsly.

Ever since, I have been debating on design #2 or #3. And I have been thinking of having it put a little above my right ankle or have it put at the base of my neck. Yeah.

So, you'd ask, if three years have already passed, why have I not yet gone through having myself inked, so to speak?

No, I am not afraid of the needles nor the pain.

What I am actually afraid of is the fact that once I get a tattoo, I would not be able to donate blood. As we all know, our blood is forever tainted and cannot be used for donation anymore once we have decided to have a tattoo.

As the only person at home who is brave enough to face that (roughly) 1mm-diameter, (roughly) 2in-needle, and the 100cc bag, I guess I am saving myself for future "emergencies". This is not only for my family but also fast forwarding to the time till I have children of my own (hmmm, kailan kaya yun?). I don't want to be in the position to regret that I have not been able to help all because I had this vanity streak and got me a tattoo (no offense to anyone who has a tattoo though). That's just my belief.

I actually find tattoos hot. ;) It gives that oomph vibe to a person, male or female. ;)

I guess that's the reason why I'm still doubtful to have myself inked.

P.S.
I've browsed through some articles just before writing this post that one can donate blood after a year of having a tattoo. Have not put much effort on that but will definitely verify. Keeping my hopes up! :)

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...