Monday, June 17, 2013

Product Review: Maybelline Lasting Drama: Gel Eyeliner

Maybelline Lasting Drama: Gel Eyeliner
PhP449.00, SM Department Store

Brief History: Why I started using eyeliners

I started using eyeliner on my lower lash line to look as though I was mysterious and all that ish. (Emo wasn't uso that time pa.)

Haha, yeah, it all started when I saw this scene from The Mummy (if you may know is my all time favorite movie):


Haha, the look on Rick O'Connell's face when she emerged looking like this. I wanted to have that same kind of effect, too, back then. (Didn't happen though. HAHA)

Brief History: Eyeliner products I have tried

K. Going back on track.

It is only of late that I have learned that eyeliners can also be applied to the upper lash line. Loser much. Actually I really liked the effect of that (it seems to look more natural) than lining my lower lash line (which kinda makes me look mysterous-y and DEPRESSED *ehem* Emo *ehem*).

The first eyeliner that I have used were of my Mom's. (I have only been in the girly girly make-up scene like, last year so, before that, the only make-up that I have ever used are that of my Mom's or sister's.) They were the Ever Bilena pencil eyeliners that smelled like freshly chopped wood in the lumberyard. Yes. Those.

Back in high school, when I was a "closet" kikay. I tried purchasing liquid eyeliners from, err, Fashion 21. Haha, I was in HS for crying out loud. I never, ever, decided on using them again after I accidentally poked my eye with it. It was soooooooo hard to manipulate. Then, the product was "namumuo-muo" when it got dried. Eeek! Never tried purchasing liquid liners, ever.

Then, last year, one of my Angels, Maye, informed me of this wondrous invention called gel eyeliner she purchased from, I think, Victory Mall. I loved the product back then. The only problem with it though was it gets easily smudged. My face is naturally oily. So you can just imagine my eyes at the end of the day. I looked like a frigging panda.

Product Review: Finally (sorry for being such a blabbermouth)

This time around, I was browsing through the products at the Maybelline counter that I saw this eyeliner. I don't know what hit me but I just felt a sudden urge to buy it (despite it being a bit pricey for my taste). I was too excited to try it when I got home.

So. Here's the verdict.


Pros:
  • Very easy to apply - very easy to control; brush glides smoothly when used in application (ulike the liquid eyeliner's brush)
  • Product dries fast when applied.
  • It takes a longer time to give in to my oily face. LOL. In other words, it lasts. (not making me look like a panda at the end of the day)
  • Does not easily smudge.
  • Hindi namumuo-muo, when applied.
  • Easily goes off with make-up remover. (Haven't tried with soap and water yet. I'll let you know about that.) You wouldn't need to rub the cotton to your eyes for it to be removed.
  • No scent. (Unlike the pencil eyeliner)
**see, the brief history sections have a point, you know. hahahah.

Cons:
  • A bit pricey.
  • I prefer a brush that is incorporated with the product. I'm a klutz, so if I accidentally lose the brush, I'd have to buy another one to replace it. (yung brush lang ha). So it's kind of a hassle.
Obviously, my pros outnumber the cons so I'd definitely recommend you to use this product. Actually, I LOVE IT! Haha. Never mind the price as you will be able to get your money's worth.

I'd like to thank Maybelline for manufacturing such a product. I can well attribute my "blooming face" to this. nyahaha. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...