Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Monster's Make-up Essentials

I was rather debating on whether the title of this post shall be "Everyday Make-up Essentials" or "The Monster's Make-up Essentials". I decided to choose the latter because you see, I don't normally use make-up everyday.

For me, using make-up depends on my mood. Really.

I just use make-up when I feel like it OR when I feel like I want to be "pretty" in the office.  Haha. I also prep up when it is really necessary (like office events, or on special occasions). On RARE times, I use make-up when going to church OR going to the mall OR when I go out and meet with friends  (usually if I wake up waaaaay earlier than the scheduled time, hoho).

I do always keep a stash of MY make-up essentials in my bag in case those  moments when I do decide to put make-up on arrive. :)) Let me share them with you.

The Monster's Make-up Essentials


So, here's what's in my Purple Kikay Kit (Oo, kailangan i-specify na purple ang kulay ng kikay kit ko):

Face:
1 - Maybelline Clear Smooth BB Cream (SPF 50) (PhP299, Department Store)

This one serves as my foundation. I use this BB cream mainly to control oil and somewhat cover up the red spots on my face. It also serves as sunblock for those times when I have to spend the day out in the sun.


Eyes:
2 - Curlash (PhP180++, Department Store)
3 - Nichido Color Eyes Waterproof Mascara (PhP180++, Department Store)
4 - Bloom Liquid Eyeliner (PhP600++, Beauty Bar)
5 - Ever Bilena Liquid Eyeliner (PhP150++, Department Store)

I basically just put on eyeliner near the base of my lids to add a little depth to my look. Tip: It is also advisable to fill in the gaps at the base of your lashes to add this effect of having thicker lashes. There is actually a term for this one pero I forgot na. Actually, you don't have to use mascara when you do the fill-in-the-gaps thing because using the mascara will add even more volume and length to your lashes. I just use mascara kasi I just want my lashes to stay curled. ;))


Bakit dalawang eyeliner? Wala lang. Pero, based on experience, the one from Ever Bilena is easier to use. ;)


Lips:
6 - NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream, Monte Carlo (PhP290, @mapshop on Instagram)
7 - Etude House's Soft Touch Lip Auto Lipliner (PhP98, Etude House)

I just want red lips. Nyahaha. :))



As you can see, I don't really splurge on make-up, maybe with the exception of the Bloom eyeliner. (Back story) It was recommended to me by the sales lady when I asked her if what make-up could be used while swimming. LOL. Yes, I know, pathetic. And no, I did not use it while swimming. I realized how pathetic the idea was so I did not push through with it. Salvation! Haha.

Anyway, going back, I don't really splurge because, as what has been said, I don't do make-up everyday. Sayang kasi pag "nabulok".

So, here are the essential things the monster uses to make her looks somewhat acceptable to the society. LOL.

What are your make-up essentials? :)


P.S.
I am currently using eyebrow pencils pala kasi I accidentally cut a part of my eyebrows really short. If you look closely my right eyebrow has this little break in it. Hahaha, so I use the eyebrow pencil to fill in that gap right there. :))

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...